Monday, December 15, 2008

Plans for one of the worst Mondays ever!

It all started last night ironically...around 12:00 am (the beginning of the day). I was at work, as I always am on Sunday night. We didn't have much work to do, so the night went very slowly as we had to pad out our work or go home early.

I really hate going home early! I like full paychecks!

Now that I'm home, I can't go to bed because I have my grandma's funeral to go to. I'd be skipping it because I normally sleep at this time, but I am a poll bearer. Naturally, that isn't a job you can ethically skip out on.

I normally go to bed around 8-8:15 in the morning. Today, I have to get ready to go to the funeral around that time for a final viewing at 9-9:30, the funeral starts at 10:30. The Baptist funerals usually last an hour or so at the church and then another 30 or so minutes at the cemetery. After that there will be a meal provided for the family at the church. I will be attending all of it because I'm catching a ride to this whole thing so I don't fall asleep at the wheel on the way there.

So, I'm not going to get home until mid afternoon! yuk! Then to bed I'll go. This means no supper, I won't see my kids or my wife today, because when I wake up... time for work again!! Woo Hoo! At least it's not every day that I have a funeral to attend.

To compound the problem, I just paid a ridiculous speeding ticket for driving 56 in a 55 at night through a 45 pmh "construction zone". yeah, you read that right, 1 mph over the regular limit and guess the ticket cost.... $450!!!!!!

I don't even have a few bucks for an energy drink until I get paid Friday.

Well that's enough whining to last a while!

God will provide. He always does.

ciao

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for that taste of the life of a third shifter. I trust that you did fine today and will be able to get plenty of rest and back up tonight for work...

About that speeding ticket.... EWW!! Were you in Milford when this happened?? That's an outrageous fee!

Unknown said...

I was on SR 19 North of Nappanee just past the intersection of 19 + CR 46. There was construction, but as I said in my last post, it was night, and they were done with construction, and just haven't removed the signs.